Monday, January 14, 2008

New Beginnings

'08, the year of new beginnings, is upon us! I rang it in playing Scrabble at a tournament in Albany, NY. Rather random, but hey, that's me in a nutshell, so it fits.

Several days later, I found myself back in New London, NH, back with Streams Academy. This time, though, it is somewhat different; I am no longer an intern. I finished the entire student year in December, so I made my return as one of the leaders here. Adjusting to that difference is going to take a while...

This past weekend a group of us went down to Concord, NH to go ice skating at an indoor arena. It turned out to be a lot of fun; while we were there, I recalled days gone by having lived in Calgary when we lived on a lake. Matt Stewart (Sutton, NH) and new intern Rachel Mosley (Reno, NV) were among several who received skating lessons, as they'd either never skated before or hadn't in a very long time. My brother Luke taught different people how to do a stop, but with only moderate success. Lucy Nelson (Belmont, MA) and Elisa Zupancic (Abbotsford, BC) actually got the hang of it, but not without entertaining us all with some literal 'slip-ups'.

One of the things we get to look forward to is air-time on a radio program at the local college, Colby-Sawyer. We have been asked to interpret dreams live on the air, which absolutely excites us. Once the interns have finished taking the 201 at the end of the month, we will start the program. Even pastor Scott Evelyn will be on it!

No comments: